|Home||NEWS||Events / Projects||Maps
||Photos||FAQ||Archive||Members and Board||Links|
Minutes of Regular Meeting
August 7, 2008
Call to Order: President Joe O’Hara called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. at the ranch room behind the USFS Lower Trinity Ranger Station.
Attendance: Quorum present
Members Present: Joe & Pat O’Hara, Paul & Susan Abbott, John Amos, Don & Barbara Darst, Rebecca Cape, Dillon Lewis, Laurel Reimann, William Goodman
Guests Present: none
Minutes: Minutes of the July 10, 2008 regular meeting were approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Paul Abbott reported the income and expenditures for July. Total cash on hand 7-31-08 is $3,589.90. Full report attached to minutes. Barbara Darst moved to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
President’s Report: Joe O’Hara reported the following:
1) The Humboldt County Fire Safe Council will meet August 18. They are seeking a grant to help property owners clear brush.
2) He is attempting to co-ordinate with Trinity Co. RCD for use of their chipper. Barbara Darst moved that Joe set up chipper days for September. Motion carried.
3) There is a possibility of Miller Farms donating a chipper to the Willow Creek Fire Safe Council.
PG&E Proposal - Members gave feedback to Laurel Reimann and Bill Goodman of PG&E of trees they observed which may be hazardous to high voltage power lines.
Incorporation - This is the last meeting of the Willow Creek Fire Safe Council as an unincorporated association. In order for the association to transition to Willow Creek Fire Safe Council (the public benefit corporation), upon discussion, the following action was taken:
1) Upon motion by Don Darst and seconded and by unanimous consent of the association members present, it was resolved that the individual members of the association who paid the initial $5.00 membership fee would be charter members of the corporation.
2) Upon motion by Barbara Darst and seconded and by unanimous consent of the association members present, it was resolved to offer to transfer the assets of the association to the corporation. The assets of the association are checking and savings accounts at Coast Central Credit Union totaling $3,589.90; two street banners (Fire Safe Day Fair and Fishing Derby) @ $536.25 each totaling $1,072.50; three wood sandwich boards made by Joe O’Hara @ $20 ea totaling $60; three wood frame/cloth display panels @ $10 ea totaling $30; one computer of little current value since it is not working and in need of repair (Gateway EV700 screen, Gateway Intel 800-C hard-drive, two small ALTEC Lansing ADA305 speakers and one large ALTEC Lansing CHW0019638-82459 speaker).
3) Upon motion by Pat O’Hara and seconded and by unanimous consent, it was resolved to adopt the bylaws of the corporation dated August 7, 2008 and to retain the initial directors elected at the June 5, 2008 regular meeting as the directors of the corporation until the annual membership meeting in October.
Bigfoot Days Parade - Discussion of entering a Fire Safe Council float in the August 30 Bigfoot Days Parade. Parade entry fee is $25. If entry is free to non-profits, we will incur no expense. Motion by Don Darst, seconded and carried to enter a float in the Bigfoot Days Parade. Volunteers will meet at the Darst’s to plan and construct the float.
Adjournment: The meeting concluded at 7:55 p.m.
In keeping with the corporate bylaws the board of directors will meet at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday September 4, 2008. Members are welcome to attend board meetings. The annual meeting of the members will convene at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 2, 2008, to elect directors of the corporation.
Susan Abbott, Secretary